Friday, May 31, 2013

Olay!

A few days ago as I was peering into my mirror, doing what the majority of woman do… analyzing all the things that have appeared on my face reminding me that I’m aging!  I started thinking to myself, “Jeannie, you should’ve started an anti-wrinkling regime when you were 20, and why haven’t you gotten more than one facial?  Plus, you can’t Botox your entire face!”  Which led me to purchasing my first wrinkle/age fighting elixirs.  There was a 3 piece set for $50 or a 2 piece set for $30, but both didn’t target my 2 main concerns, so I opted for the following:
It’s only my 2nd day/night of testing them, so no results yet. 
It says I should see results in 2 weeks, but we'll see about that!
Before I started applying these, my skin care system consisted of:
  1. Applying Sheer Cover which is a SPF 20 mineral makeup
    1. I used to have to take Accutane, which didn’t work, I took it for almost a full year before I decided to stop.  Then one night, while watching infomercials with my boyfriend at the time {don’t judge, we’ve all been sucked in at one point in our lives}, I discovered Sheer Cover.  Douche Bag {which my Ex-boyfriend is now referred to}, knew I’d been on a mission to find a foundation that wouldn’t cause breakouts or morph into a different color {I couldn’t use liquid foundations b/c the oils in my skin would cause the ingredients in the foundation to change colors: orange, pink, or yellow as the day progressed, it was infuriating}, and since I didn’t own a credit card at the time, DB purchased it for me {after we broke up, I didn’t bother transferring my makeup to my own card until three years later once I stopped receiving it, haha, and I was so addicted to this makeup, it lead me to getting my current credit card}!  This makeup actually cleared my skin & has kept it clear for 12 years now.
  2. Not washing my face prior to bedtime
    1. Meaning I wash my face only to reapply my makeup, so I’m only makeup-less for about 30 min a day, but I’ve been know to keep my makeup on for 48 hours, which I know, is bad for my face but also for my pillow cases!
  3. Mystic Tanning/Spray on
    1. You may not think this counts, but it does.  It means I don’t tan in the sun, lessoning sun damage which can cause wrinkles, and looking “sun kissed” makes my skin appear clearer and younger.
 The moral of this post?  I added the two age defining creams to my daily routine to fight the signs of aging. 
*Side Note: For “fancy” occasions I use Makeup Forever’s HD Foundation but I’m about to experiment with MAC;  I’m on a mission to find the best coverage makeup that makes me look airbrushed.
*LIGHT BLUB!* 
My next few post can be about that mission!  I’ll give you my personal feedback on the foundations &, if I can master it, a YouTube video of the transformations.  Once I've tried at least 3 different ones, I'll post side by side photos to reveal which one is truly superior. I hope that sparks a few interest in my future & current followers.

No comments:

Post a Comment